Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Ant Bully...

Man...

I probably shouldn't even post what I'm about to, but it's my damn blog damnit and I can say whatever I damn well please...RIGHT!!!!! Did I mention damn and damnit...

Actually that reminds me... I cuss way to much... really...

Especially since I have two small children... but fuck it what can you do???

I'm constantly reminded of a poster my high school geography teacher/coach, had posted on the door of his classroom... It was similar to the kitty cat "hanging in there" poster he had near the window I was always staring out of... and it read...

"Cursing is a crutch for a conversational cripple."

I never thought about what the poster said, so much as what a fun tongue twister it was, I'd say it over and over in my head and just have a blast...

It certainly beat having to learn geography, which I should have actually done, according to my wife...

Anyway, where was I...

Oh yeah, the movie that I worked on for the past 2 or so years is coming out this weekend and I encourage all of you to go see it, it should be a fun little flick, and please, whatever you do, don't judge it by the insane reviews some people have been giving it...

Check out this duzy from some fucktard at Aint-it-cool...

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=23974"target="_blank"

I mean gee, talk about nutty...

It really is a shame that this movie has to be compared to Antz and A Bug's Life, it is nothing like either and is really quite thrilling, although admittedly not for very young children... my daughter practically cries every time a commercial comes on for it =]

It is entertaining, and in my opinion better than all the other animated films I've seen this year...

That is only slightly biased since there is shit in the film I wish would have been changed...

Anyway, that's my plea, rather request for all of you visiting the blog today... all three of you...

And I also got a reel together with a few of my models from the film for interviews and such so if you have the chance check it out and let me know what you think...

http://imaginationdump.com/movies/stevereel.mov

That is all, and please, have a pleasant rest of the day...

2 Comments:

Blogger Prince Nez said...

I haven't see the movie yet...nor did I read any review (I'm going to read the one you linked), but just looking at the trailer, it really reminds me of Antz, and not even in a
new,more creative (visually speaking),updated(!?) way...ok the story might be different and I sure have to watch the film to be proved wrong but...come on,I thought the human creativity had no bounderies...so why is it that 10 years later we've got another animation film with flippin' antz in it!!? Are antz that interesting?They probably are but there might be a way to make a film about something else....
Ho I've got an idea! what about some animals in a new york zoo? :-)

Still I wish all the bests to that movie though because as always, loads of talented artists did work a hell of a lot to get it done!

still waiting for something a bit more than "entertaining"...

Cheerio!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Virg. said...

LOVE the post! We are actually looking forward to seeing "Ant Bully" - my husband and I are both animation industry-ites, and appreciate all of the hard work that goes into making these movies, even if the general populous, and most movie critics, do not.
I was cracking up over your cussing rant - my language is a bit too "peppery" for some, but what the f'ck, it's part of who I am!
Nice blog site! I'm looking forward to checking in now and again.
=)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home