Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Trying something new...

Okay, I haven't posted in a while, but only because I was trying to make some extra money doing freelance work... This may not have been such a good idea =]

I'm focused now, and have been away from everything long enough...

I'm completely dedicating myself to creating a badass demo, and hopefully finding gainful employment with said demo... so to that end I will be creating the model that you see based on the accompanying image... The plan is to UV and texture, as well as make some targets for the head, and then place at the front of my reel along with My Ant Bully stuff and my Jimmy Neutron stuff... so that's that....

I'm also trying to get better at digital painting, and so I'm also reading tutorials, and playing with color in photshop based on a cool idea a friend of mine taught me...

Basically you take a screengrab from a movie you like, preferably with awesome cinematography, and you try and replicate the image in color study form, pretty rough, but it starts to get your mind trained on seeing things that way, and also helping you to bust out cool concept stuff rather quickly...

so that's the turd you see, that is my first attempt....

anyway, I hope to start posting more, and if anyone has any cool links or suggestions please feel free to post a comment...








































4 Comments:

Blogger mark kennedy said...

Wow! All of this stuff is really cool. Not "turd-like" at all! I wouldn't have any idea how to do either of those things. Can't wait to see more.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Hey Steve

Caught your blog through Mark's. Some really nice stuff. I like the design of the little boy down at the bottom a lot.

Also I am no good at coloring myself. Probably because I never took an art class til my senior year in HS. But in any case, a couple friends and mine have steered me towards Gnomon Videos for digital painting as well as just looking at all the Art of books....


I'm sure you know this by now...but figured I give you a shout anyways.

Keep it up, and I look forward to seeing more!!

Dan

9:16 PM  
Blogger Shelly Wan said...

Cool start of a digital painting! u can look at:

http://www.neilcampbellross.co.uk/

this guy is a god to me. THE god actually.

best,
sw

12:46 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for the comment steve...

Ill check out that book!!

Dan

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home