Tuesday, October 18, 2005

On other fronts...

Okay, so I told you in an earlier post I was determined to read more, and not just calvin and hobbes, but actually read... So to that end I am currently reading not one but TWO books...

Whoa momma, somebody stop me...

By the way, here is a neat sketch I did at work just now in like a minute, but for some reason it came out awesome...

















Anyway, back to what I was saying before the ADHD took over... yes... so the two books I'm reading are actually quite interesting, the first is one I'd reccomend to everybody, religious or not, and that is "The secret to staying in love" by John Powell.

This book is about loving yourself, and how if you can't or don't do that, you will never be able to truly love your neighbor, so I'm reading it, and trying to apply it to my own life, and so that is the first book...

The second book, is about Nietzsche and it's written by a pair of writers and is also a very good read with humor and everything, it's called, "What Nietzsche Really said" and it's written by Robert C. Solomon and Kathleen M. Higgins... You can get both books off of Amazon and they are both pretty cheap...

I'm also excited because we have finally finished our first trailer for an animated feature I'm currently working on titled "AntBully" and it's attached to the new Harry Potter film, so anyone who sees Harry Potter will see some of my professional work...

I have never really talked about what it is that I do specifically so basically, I work for the only feature film animation studio in Dallas, and we make computer animated films right now... I am a character modeler, and my job is to take the 2D concept art and basically sculpt it in the computer, then I generate all the targets for the facial expressions that the animators will use for there performance and I give all of that in a file to the articulation artists who create a character the animators can move around in the computer... It sounds like you'd have to be smart to do it, but really you just need to be really anal retentive, which I am, so there you go...

And this blog is sort of my way of trying to get away from all that technical stuff in my professional life and just have fun with art, instead of looking at it as work all the time.

And I think that's all for now, I have finally come up with an idea for COLD, for some reason not alot comes to mind when I hear that word, except for penguins, but I wanted to stick with the theme I currently have going, mainly cus I like to draw boys and there dogs...

Anyway, that is all for now, kind of random I know, but I just felt like posting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home